Terms & Conditions
By creating a NetXL Account you have accepted the following terms and conditions (together the
"Conditions") which set out the terms under which NetXL ("We", "Us" or "Our") will provide goods and
services to You:
You acknowledge that We may amend the Conditions at any time without Your prior consent by
posting the amended Conditions on www.netxl.com and any new, different or additional features changing
Services will automatically be subject to these Conditions. Your continued use of the Services after any
such changes to the Conditions shall constitute Your acceptance of those changes.
The definitions and rules of interpretation in this condition shall apply in the conditions:
- “Courier” means the delivery Courier contracted by Us to deliver your goods.
- "Consignee" means the person to whom the Consignment is addressed.
- "Consignment" means goods sent together at one time for the same Customer bearing a Delivery
- "Customer" means the person, firm or company that enters into a contract to purchase goods
- "Delivery Address" means the address to which the goods are to be delivered too.
- “Equipment” means any equipment, machinery, parts, spares, software and any other goods
supplied by Us.
- "ESCD" means an electronic signature capture device which is capable of receiving, storing
and transmitting Customer and Consignee information, including location of the device, or
the person goods are delivered to, including signatures.
- "Neighbour" means a person who lives or works in a property within 50 metres walking
distance of the Delivery Address.
- "Pickup (Services)" means the service where the Customer or the Consignee selects the option
for the Consignment to be picked up or dropped off at a third party location, such as a
local shop, which is close to the original Delivery Address ("Pickup Location") or where the
Company elects to deliver the Parcel to such a third party location.
- NetXL Limited, also trading as the NetXL Store located at www.netxl.com (“NetXL”)
contracts subject to the terms and conditions set out below. No additions or modifications
thereof shall form part of the contract unless accepted by NetXL in writing. These terms and
conditions shall override and take the place of other terms and conditions in any document
other communication of/with the Customer used in concluding the contract with NetXL.
- Any period or times stated for delivery or for compliance with any other contractual
of NetXL are estimates only and in any event NetXL accepts no responsibility for loss or
resulting from delay or failure to notify the Customer of any such delay.
- Changes in specification or additional work or revised instructions relating to any aspect
the contract will entitle NetXL to vary any estimates of price and/or time for completion of
- Unless otherwise specified prices are for delivery at NetXL’s offices and are subject to
right to increase any price to take account of delivery charges, insurance costs, special
handling charges (if any) and/or packaging charges (if any), agreed changes in the
Specifications or changes in any taxes, duties or levies charged on or in relation to the
Equipment or goods, materials or services used on or in relation to this contract and/or any
extra costs or expense incurred by NetXL as a result of site conditions, delays,
lack of information, changes in exchange rates and/or without limitation any other factors
beyond NetXL’s control.
- TRANSIT AND DELIVERY
- The Customer specifically authorises NetXL to make any such contract of carriage on behalf
of the Customer as NetXL considers necessary and NetXL will be under no obligation to notify
the Customer thereof.
- The Customer shall be responsible for complying with all conditions and requirements of the
- Transit shall commence when the Consignment is passed to the Courier whether at the point of
collection or at its premises.. The Courier is entitled to carry goods by any means of
transport and by any route whatsoever.
- Transit shall (unless the Courier previously decides otherwise) end either:
- when the Consignment is offered for delivery at the Delivery Address;
- when, in accordance with instructions from the Customer or the Consignee, the
Consignment is left in a safe place;
- when, in accordance with instructions, the Consignment is made available for
collection at one of the Courier's depots or Pickup Locations;
- when the Consignment is offered for delivery in accordance with 4.4; or
- when the Consignment is held by the Courier for collection following attempted
delivery when the Consignee or a person authorised on the Consignee's behalf
collects the Consignment from the Courier's depot; and in the event that the Courier
holds Consignments pursuant to 4.3(c) and 4.3(e), delivery shall be deemed to have
ended if the Consignment is not collected within a reasonable time and the
Consignment shall be held solely at the Customer's risk and subject to disposal.
- Unless the Customer notifies the Courier in writing otherwise and such notice is formally
acknowledged in writing by the Courier, the Courier shall be entitled to deliver the
Consignment to a Neighbour of the Consignee's address, a concierge at the Consignee's
building or a Pickup Location within the Courier's delivery hours and, for the purposes of
4.3, transit of the Consignment shall be deemed to have ended at the time of delivery to
such Neighbour or obtaining a signature from a concierge or other recipient, leaving the
Consignment at the Consignee's building or the Pickup Location.
- Any specific timescales for delivery and/or collection which the We give are estimates only.
We shall not be deemed to be in breach of the Contract or have any liability to the Customer
(whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise and howsoever arising) for any failure
to fulfil any delivery and/or collection within any specified timescales.
- The Courier may require a recipient of a Consignment to sign an ESCD as proof of delivery of
the Consignment and/or record evidence of a Courier’s ESCD GPS location as proof of the
same. Any record of the recipient's signature obtained by the Company shall be conclusive
evidence of the delivery of Consignments (including the quantity of such Consignments)
comprised in the Consignment. The recipient's signature and/or electronic scan record shall
be evidence of delivery of the Consignment.
- The Customer shall be responsible for inspecting the Equipment on arrival and shall notify
NetXL immediately if there is any damage, discrepancy or shortage or within 7 days after
receipt of notice of dispatch in the event of non- arrival.
- RETENTION OF TITLE
- NetXL and the Customer expressly agree that until NetXL has been paid in full for the
comprised in this or any other sales contract between them and that all outstanding amounts
to NetXL from the Customer or any associated or subsidiary or holding company of the
from any director or shareholder of the Customer or any other such company, that:
- the equipment shall remain the property of NetXL and the Customer, as bailees of
for NetXL will store the same for NetXL in a proper manner without charge and in
way that the equipment is clearly identified as being the property of NetXL,
notwithstanding that the risk therein shall pass to the Customer as provided herein,
- at any time NetXL may recover from the Customer the equipment remaining in the
Customer’s possession, and for the purpose thereof may enter upon any premises of or
occupied by the Customer or any third party (with the consent of that third party),
- the Customer has the right to dispose of the equipment in the course of its business
the account of NetXL and to pass good title to the equipment to their customers
bona fide purchasers for value without notice of NetXL’s rights, and;
- in the event of such disposition the Customer, and its Director (if a Limited
have the fiduciary duty to account to NetXL for the proceeds thereof but may retain
therefrom an excess of such proceeds over the amount outstanding to NetXL under this
any other sales contract between them and for all outstanding amounts due to NetXL
the Customer or any associated or subsidiary or holding company of the Customer or
any director or shareholder of the Customer of any other such company.
- The risk in the Equipment shall pass to the Customer on dispatch, thereafter the Customer
be responsible for the satisfactory care and protection of the Equipment.
- All goods purchased must be paid for in advance of dispatch except where a credit account has been authorised by NetXL. Where such credit terms apply:
- unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment must be received into our nominated bank account within 30 calendar days from the date shown on our invoice;
- settlement of credit accounts can only be made via bank transfer to the account details shown on the invoice;
- goods will not be dispatched if this would cause any allocated credit limit to be exceeded.
- In no case shall any dispute concerning any item or separate part of the Equipment or work
any further contractual obligation of NetXL to the Customer affect the Customer’s obligation
respect of payments for other parts if any part or instalment of the price is not paid when
or work on the Equipment is held up for any reason attributable to the Customer, or the
incurs bankruptcy, insolvency, liquidation or the appointment of a Receiver, the full price
the Equipment less any sums already paid in respect of the Equipment and/or work done by
shall immediately become due and payable by the Customer and NetXL may at its option cancel
contract or cancel or suspend dispatch.
- Without prejudice to any other right of NetXL all overdue payments shall carry interest at
rate of two per cent per month over HSBC’s standard business rate on the amount or amounts
the time being outstanding.
- In the event that the Customer does not take delivery of the whole quantity of the goods
are the subject of any contract to which these conditions apply on the date or within the
laid down by such contract then, without prejudice to any other remedy available to NetXL
discount or other allowance in respect of quantities of goods ordered which is or would be
otherwise allowed to the Customer shall be recalculated to the level of goods or services
actually accepted by the Customer.
- Any chargebacks received for any payments made by credit card will be subject to a £75
administration charge. This is a direct reflection of the charges and administration NetXL
receive and require to process this chargeback with our card provider. The charge cannot be
cancelled once initiated and a withdrawal of the chargeback will still incur charge.
- Equipment supplied by NetXL is supplied with the benefit of any warranties provided by the
producer, and where no such warranty applies, NetXL warrants to the Customer only that the
Equipment shall be free of defects in workmanship and materials for the period of 12 months
after dispatch to the Customer.
- If such a defect arises within the warranty period in respect of the Equipment or one or
its component parts NetXL will at its option, either repair or replace the defective
or component according to the NetXL returns policy.
- The warranty given by NetXL above shall not apply if:
- the repair or replacement of a part or parts is required because of accident,
misuse of the Equipment by the Customer or interference with the Equipment by
other than NetXL’s engineers, or;
- there are used in the Equipment supplies from sources which have not been authorised
- CUSTOMERS' INDEMNITY
- The Customer shall indemnify Us fully for any duty, tax or charge that it has not paid under
the Contract and for any failure to export goods which have been zero-rated for the purposes
of Value Added Tax (or similar tax or duty) or to comply with any conditions relating to
importing or exporting zero-rated goods.
- The Customer shall indemnify Us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses
(including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit,
loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full
indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or
incurred by Us arising out of or in connection with:
- any negligent act, negligent omission, negligent misdirection, negligent
misstatement or fraudulent act by the Customer, sender or Consignee, its servants or
- any claims made or penalties imposed by the HM Revenue & Customs or equivalent in
- any inaccurate or false information supplied to Us by the Customer which relates
to the Customer and/or the goods comprised in any Consignment;
- the Customer's unreasonable detention of vehicles, containers, sheets, pallets and
- any claim being made by any third party against the Company in respect of loss of or
damage to the goods or in respect of any conversion of or interference with the
- PERFORMANCE DATA
- Any performance figures quoted or referred to in any specification or other document used in
concluding a contract, are estimates only, based on assumed conditions in a well managed
with experienced, adequate and efficient operators and efficient services, and proper use of
- NetXL reserves the right on the sale of any Equipment to make before delivery any alteration
or departure from the specification or design of the Equipment details overleaf provided
shall not to a material extent adversely affect the performance of the Equipment or the
of the workmanship or the materials used. All specifications, drawings and technical
issued by NetXL either before or after conclusion of the contract are issued solely for the
Customer’s use in connection with the Equipment and shall not be copied reproduced or
communicated to any third party without express consent in writing.
- FORCE MAJEURE AND FRUSTRATION
- NetXL shall:
- in any event not be liable for loss or damage, and;
- be entitled to cancel or rescind the contract, If the performance of its obligations
under the contract is in any way hindered or prevented by any cause whatsoever,
its control including but not limited to the delays or defaults of suppliers or the
default of any sub-contractor, war, strike, lock-out, trade dispute, flood, accident
plant or machinery, shortage of materials or labour.
- No contract or order may be cancelled without NetXL’s written consent. In the event that
cancellation is agreed for whatever reason the Customer shall indemnify NetXL against all
claims, loss and expenses occasioned thereby including any consequential loss and loss of
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- NetXL shall not be liable to the customer in connection with or arising out of the subject
matter of these conditions, except to the extent that the loss or damage results from
misrepresentation, the negligence of, or breach of contract or other default by NetXL, its
agents or contractors, in which case such liability shall be subject to the exclusions and
limitations expressed in these conditions.
- NetXL does not, and nothing stated in this Clause 13 shall be construed or be deemed as
operating to exclude or restrict its liability in damages or otherwise:
- for death or personal injury to the extent that such liability results from the
negligence of NetXL or its employees, agents or contractors, or;
- for breach of the obligations arising from Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979
amended from time to time);
- under the Consumer Protection Act 1987, but to the extent only that NetXL is
by law from seeking to restrict or exclude its liability thereunder.
- NetXL’s liability for any loss or damage which shall include without limitation costs and
expenses related to any claim, however caused, in connection with or arising out of the
matter of these conditions, will:
- in the case of direct physical damage to any tangible property (other than the
Equipment) to the extent it results from the negligence of NetXL, or of its
agents or contractors, be limited in respect of any one claim or series of claims
arising out of the same event or circumstances, to £1m, or;
- in the case of any other claim or series of claims arising out of the same event or
circumstances be limited to the amount of the price payable by the Customer pursuant
the Contract governed by these conditions (excluding VAT thereon).
- Notwithstanding Clause 13.3 above, NetXL shall not be liable to the customer or to any other
- loss of use, operating time, contracts, business, profits, goodwill, revenue,
anticipated savings or any other like economic loss, however caused;
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage however caused;
- any loss or damage to any intangible property (including but not limited to loss of
programmes or data) or for any inconvenience caused to the customer, however caused;
- any claim, unless made with reasonable details in writing to NetXL no later than 2
months (or such longer period as may be reasonable in the circumstances) after the
the claimable event first comes or ought reasonably to have come to the notice of
customer, its employees, agents or contractors.
- The term “however caused” shall mean arising by reason of breach of contract,
negligence or other tort, breach of statutory duty or other wrongful act, omission (whether
deliberate or not) or otherwise, however fundamental the result.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions herein, all exclusions and limitations of liability
contained in these Conditions shall apply to all liabilities of NetXL under or in connection
with or in relation to the subject matter of these conditions and regardless of whether or
the loss or damage was foreseeable, and of whether the Customer notifies NetXL of the
possibility of any greater loss or damage, and shall apply only so far as is permitted by
- The customer agrees to indemnify NetXL at all times hereafter against all claims, demands,
and expenses in excess of the liability expressly accepted by NetXL hereunder.
- No representation of fact, oral or written, including but not limited to statements
the capacity, suitability for use or performance of the Equipment, whether made by NetXL,
employees or otherwise shall be deemed to be a warranty by NetXL for any purpose, or give
to any liability of NetXL whatsoever, unless made by NetXL in writing.
- Save as set out in these conditions, all other express or implied terms, conditions and
warranties (whether statutory or otherwise) including without limitation, terms as to
satisfactory quality, year 2000 compliance, and fitness for purpose are hereby excluded to
fullest extent permitted by law.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Equipment which is based on any defect in the
quality or condition of the Equipment or its failure to meet specification is notified to
in accordance with these conditions, NetXL shall be entitled to repair or replace the
(or the part in question) free of charge or at NetXL’s sole discretion, refund the customer
price of the equipment (or a proportionate part of the price) but NetXL shall have no
liability to the customer.
- RESTOCKING CHARGES
- Entirely at NetXL’s discretion, NetXL may allow a customer to return goods unused and in
pristine unopened condition after a sales order has been processed and full payment has been
taken. NetXL reserve the right to levy a restocking fee of up to 15% of the original
- If restocking is agreed with the customer, NetXL will withhold the issue of a credit note
the goods have been returned and checked into our warehouse.
- DATA PROTECTION ACT
- Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1984, or any amendment or re-enactment
thereof) in respect of a Customer which is obtained in the course of any Contract to which
Terms and Conditions relate, will be held on NetXL’s computer system, and may be used by
for the purposes of assessing the level of credit which should be extended to the Customer.
information may also be used for the future marketing of related products and services,
the subject of the Personal Data gives NetXL notice in writing to the contrary.
- Personal Data will be used only for the purposes stated, and information held will not be
disclosed to any third party save where permitted by law, or to protect against fraud, or
obtaining the Customer’s consent.
- This contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of England in
respects as an English contract subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. The
laws of international sales shall not apply.