The Draytek VSP1280-K is fully compliant with IEEE802.3az which is an energy efficient Ethernet protocol. 24-PoE ports allow power to be supplied to end devices, such as Wireless access points, IP Phones and IP cameras, directly through the existing LAN cables, eliminating costs for additional AC wiring and reducing Installation Cost. It frees your wireless AP deployment from restriction due to power outlet location. PoE also comes with schedule feature to provide power in a timely manner, lowing your bill of electricity.
The Draytek VSP1280-K offers features that help to build a secure business network, such as VLAN, Port Isolation, Storm Control and DoS Defence. VLAN provides a way for businesses to assign network functions to different workgroups, branches, sections, employees or visitors, according to their operational requirements. VigorSwitch P1280 offers the Layer 2 Isolation feature (tag-based) VLAN for the groups.
The QoS feature provides eight internal queues to support eight different classifications of traffic. High priority packet streams experience less delay inside the switch, which supports lower latency for certain delay-sensitive traffic. The switch classifies the packet as one of the eight priorities according to 802.1p priority tag, Differentiated Service and/or DSCP based. The QoS operates at full wire speed.
VigorSwitch P1280 Key Highlights
- 24 x RJ-45 Ethernet Ports with PoE+
- 4 x Combo RJ-45 or SFP (Fibre Module) Ports
- PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) for IP phones, wireless access points, IP Cameras etc.
- Generous Power budget (340W total)
- 802.3af (PoE) and 802.3at (High Power PoE)
- 802.3az Power Saving
- QoS for Application traffic prioritisation
- Port Mirroring & Link Aggregation
- IPv4 and IPv6 Support
What's in the box?
- VigorSwitch P1280 (with PoE)
- Rack mount kit (brackets)
- Quick start guide
- UK power cord