An analogue phone line (your landline) can be connected so that the connected phones can also make use of your landline in addition to VoIP calls. In the event of a power cut (when your broadband and router may be offline), the phones will fall back to the land line. A 5-port Gigabit Ethernet switch on the LAN side provides high speed connectivity for your server, other local PCs or for uplink to a larger Ethernet switch. Port 5 is switchable with 'WAN2' to use it as an Ethernet WAN port instead of a LAN port. The Vigor 2862Vac has ADSL/VDSL support through the DSL(WAN1) port; alternative WAN ports can instead provide connectivity to Ethernet feeds (Gigabit WAN2 is switchable with LAN Port 5*), secondary xDSL modems or 3G/4G modems (WAN3/4) using a supported USB 3G/4G Modem. These multiple LAN feeds can be combined for failover or load-balancing.
The Vigor 2862 router series include support for other professional features such as VLAN tagging, QoS (Quality of Service Assurance), High Availability, DNS Filter, Policy Based Routing, and User Access Control. Hotspot features with customisable branding and wording which can be applied to guest network VLANs & SSIDs. Comprehensive security features include content filtering, web application controls and an object based firewall management system. If you deploy DrayTek Wireless Access Points, the Vigor 2862 can act as the Central Management controller.
2862VAC Key Highlights
- 5 X Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mb/s) Ports; LAN Port 5 Switchable with WAN2 (req. f/w 3.8.8 or later)
- Supports either VDSL or ADSL, ideal if you have ADSL now and might get VDSL later.
- VDSL with compatible BT Infinity.
- Triple-WAN ports for VDSL/ADSL, cable modem and 3G/4G LTE.
- IPv6 Ready.
- High performance - up to 300Mb/s firewall throughput.
- DrayTek Firewall with huge flexibility.
- 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch.
- Multiple Private LAN Subnets.
- VLANs (Port or 802.1q based).
- Includes SmartMonitor software (up to 50 IPs monitored).
- Content Filtering (by keyword, data type or category).
- Ethernet and WiFi VLANs (common/distinct groups).
- LDAP Integration for VPN and user access.
- QoS (Layer 2&3, 802.1p & TOS/DCSP).
- Up to 32 VPN tunnels for LAN-to-LAN or teleworkers.
- VPN Trunk/Backup to remote sites.
- SSL VPN - Tunnel or Proxy (5 users).
- USB Port for Printer, Logs or 3G Modem.
- Optional VigorCare Available.
What's in the box?
- Vigor Router
- Quick Start Guide
- Power Adaptor
- Ethernet Cable