4 of the 5 Auto-Negotiation RJ45 ports (Port 1 to Port 4) of the switch support Power over Ethernet (PoE) function. These PoE ports can automatically detect and supply power with those IEEE 802.3af compliant Powered Devices (PDs). TL-SG1005P has the priority function which will help protect the system when the system power is overloaded. If all PoE PDs power consumption is >= 56W, a priority will be arranged among the PoE ports, then the system will cut off the power of the lowest-priority port. Port priority function will help to ensure the normal operation of the system, it means Port 4 will be cut off when all total PoE PDs power consumption exceed 56W. For an example, Port 1, 2 and 4 is using 15.4W (maximum power for per port is 15.4W); the system power is 46.2W in total. If there is an additional PD inserted to Port 3 with 10W, and then the system will cut off the power of Port 4 because of the overloaded power, this means Port 1, 2 will use 15.4W, and Port3 will use 10W, no power will be supplied to Port 4.
TL-SG1005P Key Highlights
- 5 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 ports - AUTO Negotiation/AUTO MDI/MDIX
- 4 Ports PoE
- Port priority function
- Working with IEEE 802.3af compliant PDs, expands home and office network
- 802.1p/DSCP QoS enable smooth latency-sensitive traffic
- Supports PoE Power up to 15.4W for each PoE port
- Supports PoE Power up to 56W for all PoE ports
What's in the box?
- Power adaptor
- Installation guide